Saturday, April 17, 2010

Last night I had a great time at one of my favorite Board game meet up groups at Tim and Karens place. My wife wanted to come but fell ill and there was quite a number of other players who didn't show up as well.

I got to play a game I've been meaning to try and buy eventually, Hansa Teutonica, and it's all that I thought it would be. Played with four if us, three new players and one who tried it once before. This will be a definite addition to my collection once a NA distributor releases it.

Next Tim, Karen and another new member played Albion, a area expansion game by the designer of Carcassonne and it was quite good, another one on my hit list and most likely to be added to the collection as well.

Today, since I wasn't at the Sentry Box running events and I had just picked up the new Horus Heresy from FFG, I had Devin join me in a game of this fantastic new reprint of the old GW version. It was fantastic, great looking and very well designed mechanics. Closely fought with an Imperial victory, this game may lead me to having more 2 player evenings at my place in the future. I highly recommend this game to those who enjoy 40K and good wargames.

No comments:

Post a Comment