Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wow already Tuesday but I did play a few more games since Saturday.
My wife and I tried Samarkand on Sunday and I have to say it went over well. I was reluctant about this purchase having decided lately that I should try and buy less games, titles I really want instead of kind of want. But this game will see the table more in the future and I'll bring it out on one of our games nights so I can try it with 4 or 5 of us.

Yesterday I headed over to Alberts, a very good friend of mine and gaming buddy. He was also a GW Grey Knight with me for a time and we enjoyed running many events together as well as attend a Games Day in Toronto a while back.
Normally we would play 40K, Epic, Warhammer, Warmaster or Gothic but last night we played a couple of rounds of Duel in the Dark, me as the British (although Albert is a Brit himself) and Albert as the Germans. This is a really cool game where you plan out a bombing run on a german city and your opponent uses fighters and tiles to atain victory points.
Afterwards we tried Wings of War, a World War II plane combat game.
Great night of games.

Tonight the guys are coming over and we'll be playing a few games. I'll report later.


So we were going to try Colesseum and were waiting for Kelly and Spence to show up so Dan, Devin and I tried Straw, a small card game about breaking a camels back. Once the others showed up we were discussing games and someone brought up Shogun (not the old MB one) and so we decided to play that and had a fantastic session. It truly is a fantastic game and everyone really enjoyed it and on top of that I actually pulled out a win. Maybe we'll try Colosseum tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment