Wednesday, April 7, 2010


Well I have added the new Tyranid Pics on my site along with Gors for the Chaos page and Dryads for the Woodelf page.


Tonight we are getting together for a game most likely Dungeon Lords or Vasco Da Gama. Maybe we can squeeze in a second game as I would like to try either Mystery Express or Samarkand. I will update later.

We ended up playing Dungeon Lords and I tried explaining the rules thoroughly since there is a lot of actions and decisions to make. The conclusions were a bit mixed, all three players found the game hard to grasp. It can be punishing if you get knocked out of an action because all 3 spaces available have been taken. Everyone only had a monster and trap card so it was hard to stop the conquering of the dungeons. Overall score was 10 for Spence, 8 for me, 4 for Bill and 3 for Dan. They all want to try it again now that they know the rules somewhat. We also tried Mystery Express and that went over well, lots of interaction. Intersting clue finding game with involving mechanics and nice components, always the case with Days of Wonder. Spence won this with 4 of the clues right, the only one with the correct time clue was Bill and I was able to get one right. But I really play games like this for fun and to see how well I do with memory.

Still need to get Samarkand to the table, maybe this Saturday at the Sentry Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment